Based in Varna, Bulgaria
March 2012 (Early Access)
|USD||$20 (release price, -50% during alpha)|
Arcane Worlds is a game inspired by the classic Magic Carpet - the blend of first person shooter, exploration, tactics and powerful magic. You fly instead of running and use spells instead of guns. It involves tactics, both in gathering the mana to power stronger magics, and using various spells to deal with dangers, monsters and rival wizards.
Alexey Volynskov started Arcane Worlds as a hobby project while still recovering from the burnout in 2011. When the first tech demo was released to the public, it sparkled a lot of interest, so he decided to make it his main project. The progress was slow at first, as he was still recovering, but eventually it went far enough to be Greenlit and released on Steam Early Access. The game is still in alpha, but getting closer to beta now.
- The unique take on the FPS genre: flight, spells, outdoors, tactics.
- Plenty of spells beyond simple damaging ones, for tactics and fun.
- Dynamic landscape, water and lava simulation. The world can be changed beyond recognition.
- Procedurally generated content, manually scripted for story and gameplay purposes.
- Huge bosses, procedurally generated to make them interesting each time you play (not yet in alpha).
- Dynamic universe in story mode: your actions have long-term consequences and things happen when you're busy elsewhere (not yet in alpha).
- Multi-player modes, both co-op and PvP (not yet in alpha).
Lava simulation YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Even if Arcane Worlds only ever copied Magic Carpet, that would be enough for some people to be excited about it... but it already looks like there’s more to it than that."
- Craig Pearson, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Arcane Worlds takes up the same style of game play as the Magic Carpet series put out by BullFrog in 1994. In the intervening two decades nobody has taken up the gauntlet and offered up such a destructible world. It's not bullet holes and burn marks slapped up when you miss but burning trees and craters gouged out of the landscape."
- MustardJeep, Steam user reviews
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Ranmantaru Games allows for the contents of Arcane Worlds to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Arcane Worlds is legally & explicitly allowed by Ranmantaru Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://ranmantaru.com/press/sheet.php?p=arcane_worlds.
Get your key for preview via dodistribute.com.
Related developer's posts on ranmantaru.com.
The failed campaign: indiegogo.com.
About Ranmantaru Games
Ranmantaru Games is a one-man independent game studio founded by Alexey Volynskov. It's based in Varna, Bulgaria, a nice city on the Black Sea coast.
More information on Ranmantaru Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Arcane Worlds Credits
Business & Development, Ranmantaru Games
Music & Sound, Freelancer
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks